Forced Marriage Unit
The Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) is a joint Foreign & Commonwealth and Home Office initiative dedicated to preventing British nationals being forced into marriages overseas. We also assist victims in the UK regardless of nationality.
Our caseworkers are fully aware of the cultural, social and emotional issues surrounding forced marriage and can offer confidential advice and assistance to:
- Those who have been forced into marriage
- Those at risk of being forced into marriage
- People worried about friends or relatives
- Professionals working with actual or potential victims of forced marriage
Contact the Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) if you’re trying to stop a forced marriage or you need help leaving a marriage you’ve been forced into.
Who to contact
020 7008 0151
020 7008 1500 (out of hours: ask for the Global Response Centre)
0044 20 7008 0151 (calls from overseas)
- Forced Marriage Unit (Foreign & Commonwealth Office)
Facebook: Forced Marriage page Twitter: @FMUnit
Where to go
- SW1A 2AH