Homerton University Hospital
The decision has been taken to suspend all breastfeeding drop-ins in Hackney and City until further notice but we have put other measures in place for parents. The below information will be given to women in their birth packs from the maternity unit.
From Monday 23rd March, we will be operating a video and telephone breastfeeding support service. The service will operate 7 days a week, 9am – 3pm.
The process for accessing support once you have been discharged home is as follows:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- your name, telephone number, and hospital number (this is a 6 digit number which can be found on the front of your blue notes)
- the date and approximate time of your baby’s birth
Someone will be checking the inbox several times daily, every day, and we will aim to get back to everyone within 24hours at most.
If you are very worried about your baby’s feeding and can’t wait for a response, are very distressed, or don’t have internet access/email, you can call us instead:
- Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm call the community midwifery office on 0208 510 5761
- Saturday and Sunday 8am – 12pm as above, 0208 510 5761
- Outside of these hours until 8pm every day, or if you cannot reach the community midwifery team, call the maternity helpline on 0208 510 5955
- Our postnatal ward team are available overnight for very urgent queries on 0208 510 7561
We are requesting that you email if possible. However, we are here if you need us on the telephone. We are committed to supporting you to feed your baby in the way that suits you and supporting your transition to parenthood.
There is alterative support available from the National Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 100 0212 (365 days per year 9.30am-9.30pm).
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides general and specialist hospital services and community health services in Hackney and the City. They provide specialist care in obstetrics, neonatology, fetal medicine, fertility, bariatric surgery and neurorehabilitation. Email: email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details