Skip to main content

Young Adults (16 to 25)

This part of the Local Offer outlines information about “Preparing for Adulthood.” This information will be useful for all young people (16-25 years) but particularly useful for young people with learning difficulties and/ or disabilities and their families. 

Some young people will need support from Adult Social Care services or Health.

In this section, you find out how to move or ‘transition’ from children’s to adults’ social care and health services.

 You will find information about:

  • Education and training
  • Employment
  • Independent living
  • Support from Adult Social Care services
  • Support from Health services
  • Community Inclusion

 We will be further developing this section of the Local Offer by:

  • working in partnership with young people who live and study in the City of London
  • building on the advice and guidance from the national  ‘Preparing for Adulthood Programme’ (PfA). 

Developing the Preparing for Adulthood Section of the Local Offer (pdf document)

The following organisations can also give you advice about special educational needs:

Tower Hamlets Information and Advice Support Service (IASS)  

Local authorities have a legal duty to make arrangements to provide information and advice to parents and carers and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. 

KIDS Independent support 

Independent supporters are trained to help families and young people through the new Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment process.

If you have additional questions, you can contact the Education and Early Years’ Service on 020 7332 1002. 

Check What's On

Feedback Powered by Open Objects © Idox Software Ltd