The Parent Carer Forum is for parents and carers of all children and young people in the City of London who have special educational needs and or a disability (SEND).
Parents and carers of children and young people who have an Education Health and Care plan have been meeting once a term with local authority officers to talk about the services we would like to see for our children and young people. We are developing and growing to include parents and carers of all children and young people with SEND regardless of whether they have an EHC plan.
We are working with the City of London and the City and Hackney CCG to ensure that our voices are heard when decisions are being made which may affect our children and young people. We are represented on the City of London’s SEND Programme Board.
What is a Parent Carer Forum and what does it do?
- Represent the collective voice of parents and carers in the City
- Work with the City of London, NHS and other support groups to shape our services
- We are pan-disability (0-25yrs)
- Provide a range of consultation opportunities
- Provide fun and social events/opportunities for "time out" and peer support
- Signpost families to appropriate services
We want to hear from you!
- Email us with your views and experiences about our services (the good and not so good)
- Send suggestions for future events, information, activities and presentations/speakers
- Apply for membership or update your details here. A goody-bag will be sent to anyone who completes this form (ensure you include your postal event)
In other news
We are working with the local authority to review and redesign the Local Offer. If you would like to get involved, please email us or call 07939 069220.
Harshita Patel's blog shares her insights, exasperations and joys while recounting the adventures she and her husband have had (to date) raising their son with ASD. Click here.
Including suggestions for days out and other ASD-friendly activities.
This is Harini's story
We installed a self-service video booth in two primary schools in the City to consult children and parents about life in the City: where they like to go, what they would like to do and how they could improve things, especially if they have a special need or disability. A short film captured the some of the footage, click here.