Visual Impairment Service
The Visual Impairment Service, part of the Inclusion and Specialist Support Team, comprises specialist teachers for visual impairment and the Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)/Deafblindness service at Hackney Learning Trust.
Specialist Teachers for Visual Impairment
The specialist teachers for visual impairment team advises and supports parents/carers and children from diagnosis. They monitor children’s progress throughout early years and school and contribute to transition plans at important stages in the children’s education including advice on transition to further education.
Children and Young People with Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)/Deafblindness
Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)/Deafblindness team offers:
- Assessment of the child’s needs as a deafblind/MSI learner
- Advice to schools on including deafblind/MSI children and their specialist curriculum requirements
- Support for intervenors in school settings
- Environmental assessments for deafblind/MSI learners
- Support and advice to families in communicating with their child and supporting their child’s development
- In-service training to teachers and professionals providing services to deafblind/MSI children and young people.
- Contribution to planning and reviews, including reports
- Deafblind Guidance Assessments as part of an overall social care assessment
To find out more see the Visual Impairment Service weblink below.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Hackney Learning Trust
1 Reading Lane
- E8 1GQ